Monday, November 10, 2008

Mausambi


The nice part of living in India, and I'm sure other countries in Asia, is the vegetables get delivered to your door. And fruits. And sometimes knife sharpeners come by to see if you can give them some work! Its pretty cool. I cave in occasionally and buy the products - seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables delivered to your day - nothing could be better!


This was the case with the Mausambi vendor - he showed up just as I was leaving for work, but I couldn't resist. Mausambi is of the lime family - its actually a large sweet lime. And the juice is amazing - sweet and slightly sour.


Just juice the mausambi, add sugar, a little bit of lemon juice and if you'd like, some salt. You could even add some powdered roasted cumin seeds. Its absolutely delicious especially for a summer day!

Check out the stuff my fellow marathoners have been cooking up:
DK, Siri, Srivalli, Ranji, PJ, Curry Leaf, Medha, Priya, Bhawna, Raaji, Ruchii, Kamala, Roopa, Divya Kudua, Rekha, Divya, Lakshmi, Raaga, Lakshmi, Sripriya, Viji, Kamalika and Pavani.

4 comments:

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely pic,yes,sure this is the advantage of living in India

Sunshinemom said...

I just can't do without my mug of juice in the morning! I love sweetlime without sugar or the chaat masala that is added these days!

Arundathi said...

Curry Leaf - thanks. yup - sometimes india has its advantages.

sunshinemom - chaat masala? thats a great idea. i love it plain too!

Nitika said...

Hi Arundhati !Planning to make key lime pie this weekend.Just wondering whether I can substitute mausambi for key limes?Can u suggest something better?