Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bell Pepper Curry

This is another in a series of recipes from my mother in law. As I said earlier she is an amazing cook, and can whip up dishes in a matter of minutes. I'm sure, though, that if I asked her to reproduce this exact recipe, she won't be able to, because she really doesn't cook by numbers. I loved this curry the day she made it for us and it really tastes great with rotis.


Capsicum Curry

1 Bay Leaf
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
Turmeric Powder
Chilli Powder
Salt, to taste
Dhania Powder
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
Sugar
Coriander Leaves, for garnish
Grind together:
3 tbsp Coconut, shredded
1/4 tsp Saunf

In a little oil, saute the bay leaf, garlic and onion until onion turns yellow. Add tomato, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and dhania.

Fry till mushy. Add chopped bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add the ground masala. When it boils, add a little sugar. Garnish with coriander leaves.

5 comments:

Navaneethan Santhanam said...

I made this last night and it turned out really well - might have used too much saunf and too little coconut, but it was great with rice.

Priya said...

The curry looks delicious. I love capsicum and am always on the look out for recipes. Good to see you back :)

Arundathi said...

Thanks!

Mina said...

Wow, these look fantastic!

Joy said...

Stuffed bell peppers is one of my favorite things to eat. This will be an excellent way to vary my current bell pepper recipe.