Friday, May 2, 2008

Meet and Eat

It was incredible meeting my fellow Chennai food bloggers - sort of like a blind date! Everyone turned out to be super nice (and I'm not just being polite!!). Their blogs now take on a whole new meaning, now that you know the personalities and people behind them.

Thank you, Lakshmi , for hosting and making the wonderful curd rice to cool us down in this Madras heat. It truly hit the spot. I won't mention every single dish - I'm sure you've read about it already at Valli's, Jayashree's, Sra's and Lavi's!



For me, it was really special, since I've only been regularly blogging for about a month. So, to have such immediate friends was cool. And what really stood out was how everyone's personality does show up in their blogs - and when you are chatting, it feels like you've known them for awhile!

Thank you all so much for a grand meal. I sort of waddled/rolled myself out of there and made it home! :)

19 comments:

sra said...

I'm still waddling, sigh!

bhagyashri said...

I can imagine what a great time all of you must have had!

Raaga said...

We must do this when I come in May

Rachel said...

waddled/rolled yourself out from there >lol!

Srivalli said...

LOL!..nicely put!...it was such a wonderful meet!

Arundathi said...

lol @ sra!

Bhags - join us next time!

Raaga - Definitely dear! Definitely!

Rachel - LOL ;)

Valli - Yes, it was! :)

Cham said...

Hope you all had fun!

Bhavani said...

wow.so nice. you must tell me more.

Arundathi said...

@ Cham - yup, it was loads of fun!

@ Bhavani - can't wait to tell you all the details! :) Call me!

Divya Vikram said...

nice that u gals had a great time..

Jayashree said...

How did I miss this post??? BTW haven't had ripe mango kaalan that's why i thought it was pulisseri....we always make kalan thicker and with whole black pepper instead of green chillies....but I loved your version...

Arundathi said...

@ divya - yup we sure did!

@ jayashree - hmm... i just call it mango curry kerala style! lol! what's in a name, i say! :)

Latha Narasimhan said...

I am getting a bit jealous reading about all the fun You girls had! Nevertheless I am so happy for all of you! I will be at chennai during the third week of june. We must have a blogger meet then.

Aparna said...

Just came across your blog.
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I have met a couple of fellow bloggers and its a great experience.

Arundathi said...

Yes, we definitely will meet again, Lathamma! I feel I know a lot about you already! :)

Aparna - it was quite cool to meet people you "know" but have never seen. And a whole bunch of people! It was lots of fun.

Madhuram said...

The next time when I'm in Chennai, we should all meet.

Arundathi said...

Definitely!

churningthewordmill.wordpress.com said...

dont laff when u read this.. but i recognise those plates!lol
u guys must have had a blast! good food and lots of conversation!

Arundathi said...

hey there churning the word mill! thanks for stopping by. would love to come over and check out your blog but it seems to have restricted access! :) do you recognize the plates? that's too funny!