Friday, March 14, 2008

Egg Salad Sandwich

Since my husband has now decided to start taking lunch to work, I've been trying to come up with creative sandwiches and light food that will not have to be reheated. Well, he loves egg salad and so I made this today and it was really very good.

I hard boiled and chopped up four eggs. Added 1 tbsp of honey mustard (or any mustard will do I guess) and some store bought garlic mayo. I then added a pinch of salt and pepper.



It still needed a bit of crunch and I didn't have any celery at home. So I remembered this tip that my friend, Min, had given me. I shredded some cucumber and added a pinch of salt and left it aside for 10 minutes. I then drained the excess water from the cucumber and added it to the egg salad and mixed everything together.

If anyone has any other ideas for filling yet easy to assemble packed lunches that are good cold, please do share! Thanks!

6 comments:

Raaga said...

this I learnt from my classmate's mom... similar to your recipe... hard boiled eggs, butter, salt, pepper and herbs... chop up and beat... :)

Arundathi said...

yeah, think i'm gonna leave the mayo out next time. not a big mayo fan.

Ranjani said...

I LOVE egg salad as well, I add some toasted chopped walnuts, and seedless grapes to it, maybe you'd like that too!
If you want to skip the mayo, try adding some horse radish cream!
My 2 cents:)

Arundathi said...

horseradish cream is a great idea! thanks! and of course, one can't have enough walnuts! :) thanks for the suggestions!

Ranjani said...

What about a cold pasta salad for lunch? Or maybe even leftover curry wrapped in a tortilla. You can smother the tortilla with dhania or mango chutney to keep it from drying out.Now even I'm inspired to carry lunch sometime..!

Arundathi said...

pasta salad sounds like a great idea and so does the tortilla - maybe like a kathi roll... Cool! Thanks!